" />

BANJUP RESIDENTS GROUP (Inc.)

Rural Residents Must Be Heard !!

Forums

Forum Home > Membership > Many thanks

Steve

To the members of BRG and residents of Banjup. I commend your group for its outstanding contribution to debate and discussion. In particular your Committee with Colin and Ian going above and beyond the call of duty. ( hundreds of hours of research and submissions!!) Ian and Colin have been invaluable in assisting me and often bringing to my attention anomalies within Cockburn.

From Bushfire risk management to traffic to rates there has been more investigation and debate because of your group. Just remember we Councillors are just one of you, trying to do the right thing by the community and reflect its needs and values. We don't know it all, so I personally value the feedback and advice received. I am sorry I can't attend your meetings on the Sunday afternoons due to work commitments. Your committee are always accommodating and meet with me during other hours.

We are a passionate and caring lot in the East Ward, HLRG in Atwell is another shining light with its events that I'm sure Banjup residents enjoy as well.

There is much more work to do, such as; getting Armadale Road upgraded to 4 lanes, lessening the rat run by trucks through Liddlelow Road, beautifying the verges along Armadale Road, bushfire risk mitigation, more equitable rates, Gibbs and Lyon Road upgraded to dual lanes. Just to mention a few. Whether as a Councillor or a committee member of (ACA) Atwell Community Association, I look forward to working with you in the future.

Kind Regards

Steve Portelli

Councillor East Ward City of Cockburn

Mobile 0409661464

June 29, 2015 at 2:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.